1) All cars sold with a drive must be settled within one hour.
2) All titles submitted by seller must be in seller's name.
3) All information on titles and reassignments must be completed by selling dealer, including blanks for odometer readings.
4) All titles and ownership papers on sold cars must be processed through the office.
5) When "Title Attached" is not announced on the block, the buyer has the right to reject the car.
6) The auction is not responsible for warranty books regardless of year, make or model.
7) No vehicle will be offered for sale without serial number plate. The auction reserves the right to refuse the sale of any vehicle on which the vehicle identification plate appears marred or in any way altered.
8) All cars purchased and/or sold on the premises must be paid for through the office.
9) All police cars, taxi cabs, municipal cars, fire cars and flood cars must be sold under the red light and such condition must be announced.
10) All units sold under the red light or announced "AS-IS" must be paid for immediately. No driving privileges.
11) Outside or off-block sales must be consummated through the auction and all sales will be "AS-IS".
12) "IF" or "TRY" sales are strictly between the buyer and seller and not binding on either until the sale is consummated.
13) The auction does not guarantee the year of any foreign car, house trailer, motor home, boat, boat motor, antique, dune buggy, motorcycle, reconstructed vehicle, or vehicle sold "AS-IS".
14) Motor homes and dune buggy - seller must announce from auction block the year of the chassis and the year of the unit.
15) Any vehicle bought at an absolute auction cannot be turned down or returned for any reason, including frame damage or excessive rust.
16) No one under 16 allowed on premises.
Must deposit $200.00 in cash which will be returned ONLY if you do not sign up to purchase a vehicle - A bidder number and receipt will be issued when $200.00 is paid and both must be presented to get refund of deposit. - Individuals must wear bidder ticket when bidding.
RED-LIGHT -- AS-IS You must accept car under same rules as dealers, except that the odometer must work.
BLUE-LIGHT--TITLE ATTACHED (TITLE DELAY) If you buy under this light you must pay for the vehicle but leave it at the auction until the title is received. Seller has 30 days to deliver the title. If it falls on a weekend or holiday, the title will be due on the following business day.
GREEN-LIGHT--WITH A DRIVE Sames rules as dealers except it must pass a North Carolina inspection and odometer must work.
PLEASE WATCH THE LIGHTS! If you sign up to purchase a vehicle and refuse to pay, you will not be refunded any portion of your money.
|Watch lights and listen to announced conditions. Please examine cars before bidding and be familiar with all announced conditions of the unit. You must bring a check for our cashier to hold until the end of the sale so you can continue bidding or come and pay for purchase within 1/2 hour of purchase.|
|Please represent your cars accurately and fairly. Make sure proper light is on. Bring titles to office at beginning of sale. If a non-dealer refuses to pay, you will be given $100.00 of the $200.00 deposit that was paid and the vehicle will be rerun immediately.|
|Buyers and sellers should always use their ID cards to enter their cars for sales and sign for purchases. Dealers who fail to use their card delay the processing of their deals because they are illegible. If you have lost your ID card or it is badly worn, a new one will be made for you upon your request.|
|Please help us to serve you better by always using your ID card.|
|These are the Floor Plans we offer:|
|Automotive Finance Corporation|
Gregg Thompson - Branch Manager
3714 Alliance Drive. Suite 403
Greensboro, NC 27407
CarBucks Floor Plan
381 Halton Road
Greenville, SC 29607
(864)617-9780 - Fax (864)234-9506
Wayne D. Rankin - Sales Executive
1320 city center drive,suite 100
Carmel, IN 46032
Phone: 888-969-3721 Fax: 877-874-0721
Auto Use Floorplan Financing dba/Lease and Rental Management
Christen Luoto - Marketing Development Coordinator
45 Haverhill St.
Andover, MA 01810
978-749-0433 - Fax 978-684-5279
|GREEN LIGHT - WITH DRIVE -- Dealer is selling a mechanically sound car with a drive.|
|YELLOW LIGHT - DEFECT -- MILEAGE SELLER MUST ANNOUNCE IF ODOMETER IS BROKEN OR IF SOLD WITH A DRIVE AND IS IN EXCESS OF 100,000 MILES. The auction will not become involved in mileage disputes. Any irregularity in odometer must be brought to the attention of the auction management on the day of the sale. Southern Auto Auction assumes no responsibility nor guarantees accuracy of odometer reading.|
|BLUE LIGHT - TITLE ATTACHED (TITLE DELAY) -- Assignable title does not accompany car. May require up to thirty (30) days excluding Saturdays, Sundays and National Holidays for buyer to receive title. Title must be received by auction from seller within thirty business days. BUYER IS CAUTIONED NOT TO SPEND ANY MONEY ON UNIT AND NOT TO SELL UNIT UNTIL TITLE IS RECEIVED. Buyer checks are deposited immediately by auction. After the 30-day period, it is the buyer's option to return the car or to wait a reasonable additional period of time for the title. In the event that the title is not received by the auction within the 30 day period, special arrangements must be made with the auction before the unit is returned. THE AUCTION MUST BE NOTIFIED 24 HOURS PRIOR TO THE RETURN OF THE UNIT FOR FAILURE TO RECEIVE TITLE.|
|RED LIGHT - AS-IS -- The light is used to sell all "AS-IS" units which means these units cannot be rejected.|
|UNDER RED LIGHT, YOU MUST ANNOUNCE|
|SUBJECT TO ARBITRATION UNLESS ANNOUNCED CARS WITH A DRIVE|
|Must find $300.00 or more wrong with the following:|
|1) Motor defects or bearing noise|
|2) Transmission - clutch - rear end|
|3) Frame damage and excessive frame or floor rust, repaired or not, must be announced.|
|4) Brakes when vehicle is considered by arbitration to be unsafe to drive|
|5) Front end problems when considered by arbitration to be unsafe to drive|
|6) Engine defects or excessive internal noise|
|7) If non-dealer purchases vehicle, the odometer must work. If the vehicle is sold with a drive to a non-dealer, it must pass a North Carolina inspection.|
|1) Flood and police cars must be announced.|
|2) Cracked or welded cylinder blocks must be announced.|
|3) Frame damage or excessive frame or floor rust, repair or not, must be announced.|
|4) The buyer assumes total responsibility for mechanical defects.|
|$500.00 AND UNDER, AS-IS|
|Any vehicle sold for $500.OO or under cannot be turned down or returned for any reason including frame damage or excessive rust.|
|THESE SALES ARE ABSOLUTE.|
|ANY ADJUSTED PRICE AUTOMATICALLY MAKES THE SALE AS-IS.|
|The buyer has the right to return a vehicle for auction inspection if the vehicle is found to have any of the following defects that were not announced:|
|Frame damage (repaired or not)|
|The auction must be notified within seven (7) days, excluding Saturdays, Sundays and National Holidays of such problems.|
|No cars will be accepted after the seven (7) day period. Cars must be returned in the same condition as when purchased. If the complaint is found to be legitimate, the selling dealer must purchase the vehicle back. The auction will not go back to any previous seller. The auction will not be responsible for freight or towing cost incurred on returned vehicles.|
|Copyright © 2000-2012 Rays Auto Auction, Inc.|